Jianne Carlo Biography
She goes weak in the knees for warriors of any type, rebels, SEALs, Vikings, and bad-ass mercenaries. Send her a man with an attitude and she’ll find the right woman to tame him.
Jianne’s writing career began in 2008, and since then she’s been lucky enough to have over twenty-four hot romances published. Most of her books are TOP PICKs with reviewers, and several have been nominated for and won awards and prizes.
Jianne’s been married for what seems simultaneously like forever and not long enough to a man with warrior Nordic ancestors. They have three sons, “the big lug,” “the wayward one,” and the “young’un.” The ”boys” not only tower over her, but they keep her hopping even though they are grown and only return home for two things—a loan and good food.
When not writing, she reads, takes Zumba classes, and then promptly eats all the calories burned by cooking something yummy on her favorite toy, her “robo-stove.” A night spent with family and friends eating one of her three-course meals and sipping red wine is by far her ideal way of relaxing.
Nothing makes Jianne’s day more than an email from someone who’s read one of her books. So far, she’s received emails from almost every continent on the planet. Almost…
- The thing I love the most about writing is being able to indulge my rabid curiosity. Ha! What that really means is after a half-day Internet time-suck, I can say, “I was doing research, honest.”
- I flew a fighter jet in a dogfight. Okay, I lost 5-4, but I did two rollovers (4G’s)!!!!
- One of my not-so-secret-anymore obsessions is Vikings (that could be because the dh has Norse roots and looks like Thor—okay, maybe a tad on the worn and torn side, but still a God, right?).
- My mom and I did a 28-day road trip across Monaco, France, Spain, and London, and we never quarreled once. Myself, I think that should make some kind of Guinness record.
- I can scale, gut, de-bone, and clean a normal-size fish in ten minutes.
- When I left Trinidad to go to college at seventeen, the tallest building I’d ever seen was seven stories high. I used to walk around Toronto trying to find the tops of skyscrapers. I’m convinced that’s how my klutz problem with not going where I’m looking started.
- I’m allergic to chocolate. *rolls eyes* It doesn’t bother me, but it seems to bother everyone else.
- South Florida is a cool place (pun intended) to live from September to April. We’re looking for a summer home. Any takers? Honestly, we’ll mooch anywhere to get out of the sweltering heat. We’re thinking more along the lines of the UK or Europe. We’re great house guests and I’ll cook gourmet meals daily.
- I once spent the night with the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago and his entire cabinet.